Christopher Miller - Pharm.D., MS, MBA, BCNSP
Dr. Miller is the Clinical Training Coordinator (CTC) for the newly developed Clinical Education Center (CEC) based at Norton's Healthcare in Louisville, KY. This center represents a partnership between the UK, College of Pharmacy and Norton's Healthcare offering pharmacy students an opportunity to complete all of their required Advance Pharmacy Practice Experience (APPE) in the Louisville area. As the CTC, Dr. Miller has oversight of the experiential education rotations for all the CEC students in Louisville and is responsible for facilitating the expansion of clinical site rotations at Norton's Healthcare and in the Louisville geographical area within the state of Kentucky.
Prior to this position Dr. Miller was in various senior management positions in the Home Infusion Pharmacy business for the past 17 years in the Louisville area. He has extensive experience in Infusion Homecare Practice in the areas of 1) Managed care contracting and pricing of therapies, 2) Homecare nutrition support pharmacy therapy, 3) Sterile compounding and USP <797> compliance, and 4) Clinical education and training of new pharmacists. Before coming to the Louisville area Dr. Miller worked for 8 years in the US FDA regulated sterile pharmaceutical manufacturing business in Albuquerque, NM. In the Pharmaceutical Industry, he held senior level management positions in the areas of Quality Assurance, Operations Management, and Business Planning. Prior to this position he was Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice at the University of New Mexico (UNM) where he developed the curriculum for the Hospital Pharmacy pathway option students. At UNM, he taught courses in Sterile Compounding / IV Therapy, Institutional Pharmacy Practice, Hospital Pharmacy Practice Seminar which included facilitating journal club presentations.
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude Doctor of Pharmacy - University of Kentucky (2003)
- Outstanding Graduating Student in MBA Finance Concentration - University of New Mexico (1989)
- Rho Chi Professional Honor Society - University of Kansas (1979)
- Merck Award - Outstanding Graduate Pharmacy Student - South Dakota State University (1978)
- Miller CM. Napier E, Jolly BL, DeChant RL. Emphasizing TPN Safe Practices and Competency through Education of Homecare Pharmacists. Prepared for presentation at 41st annual ASHP midyear clinical meeting, Anaheim, CA; 2006.
- Miller CM, DeChant RL. Spalding HM. USP 797 Responding to the Challenge. Developed and Presented at CuraScript Infusion Pharmacy's General Manager's meeting for mandatory pharmacist CE (0.2CEU), Louisville, KY; 2005; updated 2006.
- Miller CM. Spalding HM, Zaccardelli D. et al. Evaluation of Chemical Stability and Maintenance of Sterility of Treprostinil over 60 days Diluted in Saline. Presented at the 40th annual ASHP midyear clinical meeting, Las Vegas, NV; 2005./li>
- DeChant RL. Miller CM. Spalding HM. et al. Implementation of USP 797 Regulatory Standards in a High Volume Regional Home Infusion Pharmacy Company. Presented at the 40th annual ASHP midyear clinical meeting, Las Vegas, NV; 2005.
- Miller CM. Pediatric TPN Practice Guidelines. Developed and Presented at CuraScript Infusion Pharmacy's General Manager's meeting for mandatory pharmacist CE (0.2CEU), Louisville, KY; 2003; updated 2005.
- Miller CM. The Basics of TPN Therapy. Developed and Presented at CuraScript Infusion Pharmacy's General Manager's meeting for mandatory pharmacist CE (0.4CEU), Louisville, KY; 2002; updated 2005.
- Miller CM. Basic Bibliography: Sterile Products/IV Admixtures/IV Therapy. Published in the Basic Bibliography Section of Lippincott's Hospital Pharmacy; December 1999.
- Stathis VJ. Miller CM. Doer GF. et al. The effect of Tc-99m Pertechnetate on Bacterial Survival. American Journal of Hospital Pharmacy, 40:634-637; 1983
- Miller CM. Cordova MA. HladikWB. The Status of Undergraduate Instruction in Sterile Preparations and Intravenous Therapy at US Colleges of Pharmacy. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education, 47:48-52; Spring 1983.
- Miller CM. Furtado D. Smith FM. et al. Evaluation of Three Sterility Testing Methods for Detecting Low-Level Bacterial Contamination in Intravenous Solutions. American Journal of Hospital Pharmacy, 39:1302-1305; 1982.
- Hladik WB. Miller CM. Hamilton PD. Factors Which Make it Necessary to Consider Employment of a Nuclear Pharmacist in the Hospital Setting. Presented at the 17th annual ASHP midyear clinical meeting, Los Angeles, CA 1982.
- Miller CM. Evaluation of Sterility Testing Methods Used in Quality Assurance IV Admixture Programs. Presented at the 16th annual ASHP midyear clinical meeting, New Orleans, LA 1981.