Daniela C. Moga - M.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Moga is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science and an affiliated faculty member in the Institute for Pharmaceutical Outcomes & Policy (IPOP). She also holds a joint appointment as Assistant Professor in the Department of Epidemiology in the College of Public Health.
Dr. Moga received her M.D. and residency training in Epidemiology and Public Health from the University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, and her Ph.D. in Epidemiology from the University of Iowa.
Research InterestsDr. Moga's areas of interest include pharmacoepidemiology and health outcomes research. Currently, her focus is on evaluating medication use and effects, including quality of life among the elderly with multiple comorbid conditions and/or in long-term care.
- Milford E. Barnes Award for Academic Excellence in Epidemiology (2012)
- Delta Omega Honor Society in Public Health (2012)
- Peter Isacson Scholarship in Cancer Epidemiology (2008)
- Merck Pre-Doctoral Fellowship in Pharmacoepidemiology (2007)
- Moga DC, Carnahan RM. Invited commentary. To medicate or not to medicate? In other words, how can we do more good than harm in treating frail elderly patients with urge or mixed urinary incontinence? UroToday. Feb. 5, 2014
- Moga DC, Carnahan RM, Lund BC, Pendergast J, Wallace RB, Torner J, Li Y, Chrischilles E. Risks and Benefits of Bladder Antimuscarinics among Elderly Residents of Veterans Affairs Community Living Centers. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2013 Oct;14(10): 749-60. Epub 2013 Apr 30.
- Moga DC, Carnahan R, Lund BC, Pendergast J, Wallace RB, Torner K, Li Y, Chrischilles E. Risks and Benefits of Bladder Antimuscarinics among Elderly Residents of Veterans Affairs Community Living Centers. 2013 Oct;14(10):749-60. Epub 2013 Apr 30.
- Moga DC, Brouwer ES, Ekinci E, Zhang X. Evaluation of Pharmacological Management for Type 2 Diabetes Post-Myocardial Infarction. Value Health. 2013 May;16(3):A277. Epub 2013 May 3.
- Sohn M, Moga DC Talbert J. Mental Comorbidity and In-Hospital Mortality Among Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction. Value Health. 2013 May;16(3):A58. Epub 2013 May 3.
- Christopher M, Moga DC, Russell SR, Folk JC, Scheetz T, Abramoff MD. Validation of Tablet-Based Evaluation of Color Fundus Images. Retina. 2012 Apr 10 [Epub ahead of print].
- Dumitrescu AV, Moga DC, Longmuir SQ, Olson RJ, Drack AV. Prevalence and Characteristics of Abnormal Head Posture in Children with Down Syndrome: A 20-Year Retrospective, Descriptive Review. Opthalmology. 2011 Sep;118(9):1859-64. Epub 2011 Jun 12.
- Chrischilles E, Pendergast J, Kahn K, Wallace RB, Moga DC, Harrington D, Kiefe C, Weeks J, West D, Yousuf Zafar S, Fletcher RH. Adverse Events Among the Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy for Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: A Report from the Cancer Care Outcomes Research and Surveillance Consortium (CanCORS). J Clin Oncol. 2010 Feb 1;28(4):620-7. Epub 2009 Dec 28.
- Moga DC, Chrischilles E, Wallace R, Pendergast J, Mills J, Schaefer E, Kahn K, Fletcher R. Age Differences in Pre-Treatment Acute Morbidity in Patients Selected for Chemotherapy for Advanced Lung Cancer in the Cancors Cohort. Ann Epidemiol. 2008 Sep;18(9):718-9.