Peggy Piascik - Ph.D., R.Ph.
Dr. Piascik is an associate professor in the Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science. Her areas of teaching expertise include women's health, over-the-counter products including dietary supplements and herbs, communications skills and integrated skills in pharmacy practice. Dr. Piascik has spoken extensively at CE conferences on the topics of new drugs, personalized medicine and novel biotechnology agents. She teaches a problem-based elective course in the area of herbal and dietary supplements and co-coordinates an elective course in behavior modification coaching.
Dr. Piascik was administrative coordinator for the Nontraditional PharmD Option from its inception in 1988 through its termination in 2005. The program has graduated more than 250 students.
Dr. Piascik received her Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy at Ohio Northern University and a PhD in pharmacology from The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy. Dr. Piascik served a three year term on the AACP Board of Directors from 2001-2004, chaired the Council of Faculties during the 2002-2003 academic year and completed the Academic Leadership Fellows Program in 2006.
- Donald Brodie Scholar-in-Residence, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (2009-2010)
- Michael J. Lach Award for Innovative Teaching - UK College of Pharmacy (2006)
- Innovations in Teaching Award - American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (2002)
- Innovations in Teaching Award - American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (1998)
- Senior Class Award for Teaching Excellence (1994)
- University of Kentucky Alumni Association Great Teacher Award (1991)
- Senior Class Award for Teaching Excellence (1991)
- Senior Class Award for Teaching Excellence (1989)
- Senior Class Award for Teaching Excellence (1987)
- Piascik P, Lowe FH, Moore GR, Wallace DL and Steinke DT. Drug-utilization evaluation of emergency contraception in a major public university student population. Journal of Pharmaceutical Health Services Research, no. doi: 10.1111/j.1759-8893.2010.00016.x
- Piascik P and Brazeau G. Promoting a Culture of Academic Integrity. Am J Pharm Educ. 74(6): article 113, 2010.
- Piascik, P. and Bird, E. Creating and Sustaining a Culture of Assessment in a School of Pharmacy. Am J Pharm Educ. 72(5): article 97, 2008.
- Piascik, P, Sorensen, T, Stoner, S, Madhavan, S, TenHoeve, T, and Bernard, D. Gifts and Corporate Influence in Doctor of Pharmacy Education. Am J Pharm Educ. 71(4): article 68, 2007.
- Record, K E and Piascik, P. The Behavior Modification Experience: Application, Accountability and Coaching, Am J Pharm Educ., 66:450-456, 2002.
- Brandt, BF, Clements, M, Piascik, P. Learning to "Think Like a Pharmacist": Problem-Solving Activities for First-Year Pharmacy Students. Am J Pharm Educ., 62: No 4: 450-457, 1998.