Robert Lodder - PH.D.
Dr. Lodder received his B.S. degree in Natural Science, along with a M.S. in Chemistry, from Xavier University in 1981 and 1983. He received his Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry in 1988 after working with Professor Gary M. Hieftje at Indiana University. Dr. Lodder holds joint appointments as a professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, and the Division of Analytical Chemistry of the Department of Chemistry at Kentucky. He serves on the board of directors of Spherix (Nasdaq: SPEX), as editor in chief of the astroanalytical chemistry and astrobiology journal Contact in Context, and as a member of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration Advisory Committee on Pharmaceutical Science, Process Analytical Technologies subcommittee.
Dr. Lodder is a first-prize winner in the 1990 international IBM Supercomputing Competition, as well as a winner of a National Science Foundation Young Investigator Award, the American Society of Agricultural Engineers Paper Award, a Buchi NIR Award, the Tomas Hirschfeld Award in Near-IR Spectroscopy (PittCon), a Research and Development 100 Award, and the Orville N. Green Service Award (SETICon).
- Orville N. Green Award for extraordinary service to SETI (2005)
- Buchi NIR Award(2001)
- ASAE Manuscript Award (2003)
- National Young Investigator Award, National Science Foundation
(1992 - 97)
- University Safety Achievement Award, for Lab Safety Improvements in the College of Pharmacy (1990)
- Aaron A. Urbas, Robert A. Lodder, Quantification of Proteins by Laser Scatter, submitted to Contact in Context, 2006.
- Joseph Medendorp, Jason A. Fackler, Craig C. Douglas, and Robert A. Lodder, Integrated Sensing and Processing Acoustic Resonance Spectrometry (ISP-ARS) for Sample Classification, submitted to Analytical Chemistry, 2006.
- Joseph P. Medendorp, Kalpana S. Paudel, Robert A. Lodder and Audra L. Stinchcomb, Near Infrared Spectrometry for the Quantification of Human Dermal Absorption of Econazole Nitrate and Estradiol, Pharmaceutical Research, in press, 2006.
- Joseph P. Medendorp, Jason A. Fackler, Tom Henninger, Bill Dieter, and Robert A. Lodder, NIR spectrometry for the characterization of fuel components in a novel tamper-resistant pill bottle, J Pharmaceutical Innovation, 2006, in press.
- Joseph Medendorp, Robert G. Buice, Jr, and Robert A. Lodder. Acoustic-resonance Spectrometry as a Process Analytical Technology for the Quantification of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient in Semi-solids. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2006; 7(2): Article 2154. DOI: 10.1208
- Craig C. Douglas, J. Clay Harris, Mohamed Iskandarani, Chris R. Johnson, Robert A. Lodder, Steven G. Parker, Martin J. Cole, Richard Ewing, Yalchin Efendiev, Raytcho Lazarov and Guan Qin, Dynamic Contaminant Identification in Water Lecture Notes in Computer Science, (Springer/Berlin), Volume 3993, 2006, pp. 393 - 400, DOI: 10.1007/11758532_53
- Bin Dai, Aaron Urbas, and Robert A. Lodder, Sensor Batteries: Prospects for implantable sensors powered by near infrared rechargeable batteries, NIR News, 17(1), 2006, 14-15.
- Joseph Medendorp and Robert Lodder, Applications of Integrated Sensing and Processing In Imaging. J. Chemometrics, 2006; 20: 1-10, DOI: 10.1002/cem.961.
- Joseph Medendorp, Joseph Wyse, Robert A. Lodder, Lloyd G. Tillman, Sujatha Dokka and Michael Jay, Rapid near-infrared qualification of microcrystalline cellulose and sodium caprate minitablets through intact enteric coated capsules, Journal of Process Analytical Technologies, May/June 2006, 3(1), 11-17.
- Medendorp J, Yedluri J, Hammell DC, Ji T, Robert A. Lodder, Stinchcomb AL. , Near-infrared spectrometry for the quantification of dermal absorption of econazole nitrate and 4-cyanophenol. Pharm Res. 2006 Apr;23(4):835-43. Epub 2006 Mar 29.