Robert Lodder, Ph.D.
Dr. Lodder received his B.S. degree in Natural Science, along with a M.S. in Chemistry, from Xavier University in 1981 and 1983. He received his Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry in 1988 after working with Professor Gary M. Hieftje at Indiana University. Dr. Lodder holds joint appointments as a professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, and the Division of Analytical Chemistry of the Department of Chemistry at Kentucky. He serves on the board of directors of Spherix (Nasdaq: SPEX), as editor in chief of the astroanalytical chemistry and astrobiology journal Contact in Context, and as a member of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration Advisory Committee on Pharmaceutical Science, Process Analytical Technologies subcommittee.
Dr. Lodder is a first-prize winner in the 1990 international IBM Supercomputing Competition, as well as a winner of a National Science Foundation Young Investigator Award, the American Society of Agricultural Engineers Paper Award, a Buchi NIR Award, the Tomas Hirschfeld Award in Near-IR Spectroscopy (PittCon), a Research and Development 100 Award, and the Orville N. Green Service Award (SETICon).
- Orville N. Green Award for extraordinary service to SETI (2005)
- Buchi NIR Award(2001)
- ASAE Manuscript Award (2003)
- National Young Investigator Award, National Science Foundation
(1992 - 97)
- University Safety Achievement Award, for Lab Safety Improvements in the College of Pharmacy (1990)
- Metts B., Thatcher S., Lewis E., Karounos M., Cassis L., Smith R., Lodder R. , DDDAS Design of Drug Interventions for the Treatment of Dyslipidemia in ApoE-/-Mice. J Develop Drugs, 2013, 2:2
- Smith R., Lodder R., When does a Nanotechnology Device Become a Drug? Size Versus Smarts. J Develop Drugs, 2013, 2:1
- Wetzel DL., Wetzel LH, Wetzel, MD., Lodder R. , Imminent Cardiac Risk Assessment via Optical Intravascular Biochemical Analysis. The Analyst , 4/2009 DOI: 10.1039/b821164g
- Police SB., HArris, JC., Lodder R., Cassis L. , Effect of Diets Containing Sucrose vs. D-tagatose in Hypercholesterolemic Mice. Obesity (2008) doi:10.1038/oby.2008.508