Kelly M. Smith - PharmD, BCPS, FASHP, FCCP
- Who's Who in Medicine and Healthcare (Marquis) 2009-10
- Who’s Who Among Executives and Professionals, Honors Edition (Marquis) (2008-9)
- Pharmacist of the Year, Kentucky Pharmacists Association (2008)
- Pharmacist of the Year, Kentucky Society of Health-System Pharmacists (2005)
- Rho Chi National Pharmacy Honor Society Initiate (2008)
- Phi Lambda Sigma National Pharmacy Society Honorary Member (2009)
- Pharmacy Residency Program Award of Excellence, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (2007)
- Academic Leadership Fellow, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (2007 to present)
- Fellow, American College of Clinical Pharmacy (2008)
- Fellow, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (2007)
Professional Organization Leadership
- American Academy of Wound Management – Member (Public) Board of Directors ( 2007-09)
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
Administrative Delegate (2009-10)
Academic Leadership Fellow (2007-08)
Finance Committee (2007-08)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
Task Force on Residencies, Chair (2008-10)
Annual Meeting Student Presymposium Committee, Chair (2008)
Drug Information PRN, Chair (2004-05)
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
Section of Clinical Specialists and Scientists, Chair (2008-09)
Commission on Credentialing, Chair (2005-06)
- University Health-System Consortium
Pharmacy Council Executive Committee, Member (2008)
Research and Education Committee, Chair (2008)
- Allen DD, Smith KM. A hand and glove approach to pharmacy experiential education and residency training. Am J Pharm Ed. 2010;74(4): Article 65 (Commentary)
- Smith KM, Sorensen T, Connor KA, Dobesh PP, Hoehns JD, Marcus KB, et al. Value of conducting pharmacy residency training - the organizational perspective. Pharmacotherapy. Accepted. Pre-publication draft - http://www.accp.com/docs/positions/whitePapers/ValuePhcyResFinalDraft.pdf. (Invited manuscript).
- Wiesner AM, Steinke DT, Vincent WR, Record KE, Smith KM. National survey of pharmacy services in free medical clinics. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2010;50:45-51.
- Smith KM, Scott DR, Barner JC, DeHart RM, Scott JD, Martin S. Interprofessional education: extent of, barriers to, and opportunities for implementation in six US colleges of pharmacy. Am J Pharm Ed. 2009;73(4): Article 61 (Invited manuscript).
- Bernknopf AC, Karpinski JP, McKeever AL, Peak AS, Smith KM, Smith WD, Timpe EM, Ward KE. Drug information: from education to practice. Pharmacotherapy. 2009;331-46.
- Ramsey EZ, Miller AD, Armitstead JA, Smith KM. Using pharmacy residency recruitment as a practical learning experience for existing residents. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2009;66:329-32.
- Smith KM, Phelps PK, Mazur JE, May JR. Relationships between colleges of pharmacy and academic medical centers. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2008;65:1750-54.
- Smith KM. Building upon existing evidence to shape future research endeavors. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2008;65:1767-74. (Invited manuscript).
- Vincent WR, Smith KM, Steinke D. Opportunities for pharmacists in public health. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2007;64:2002-7
- Daugherty NE, Ryan M, Romanelli F, Smith KM. Board certification of pharmacy residency program directors. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2007;64:1415-21.
- Mitchell T, Smith KM. Pursuing a faculty position. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2007;64:1031-2.
- Toma MB, Winstead PS, Smith KM, Lewis DA, Clifford TM. Pharmacy resident participation in cardiopulmonary resuscitation events. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2007;64:747-53.
- Johnson PN, Smith KM. Developing a teaching portfolio. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2007;64:352-6.
- Johnson N, Vermeulen L. Smith KM. A survey of academic medical centers to distinguish between quality improvement and reserach activities. Q Manage Health Care. 2006;15:215-20.
- Smith KM, Ball AM, Ramsey EZ, Armitstead JA. Professional development experience (PDE) - a learning activity for pharmacy residents. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2006;63:953-5.
- Ryan M, Butler JS, Romanelli F, Smith KM. The relationship of board certification to financial and professional benefits for pharmacy practice faculty. Journal of Pharmacy Teaching 2006;12:107-16.
- Miller A, Ball A, Smith KM, McAllister J. ASHP clinical skills competition: a problem-solving framework. Am J Health-Syste Pharm. 2005;62:2236-8.
- Smith KM, Romanelli F. Use of an electronic survey to assess the training and practice experiences of pharmacy residency graduates. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2005;62:2283-8.
- Romanelli F, Smith KM, Brandt BF. Teaching residents how to teach: a scholarship of teaching and learning certificate program (STLC) for pharmacy residents. Am J Pharm Ed. 2005;69:126-32.
- Smith KM, Trapskin PJ, Armitstead JA. Adoption of duty hour standards in a pharmacy residency program. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2005;62:800-3.
- Hoffmann JM, Thomley S, Vermeulen L, Smith KM. Pharmacy residency training in academic medical centers. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 2004;61:2528-33.
- Romanelli F, Ryan M, Smith KM. Board of pharmaceutical specialties (BPS) certified faculty: A survey of United States Colleges of Pharmacy. Pharmacotherapy 2004;24:395-400.
- Smith KM, Hecht KA, Armitstead JA, Davis GA. Evolution and operation of a pharmacy residency on-call program. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 2003;60:2236-41.
- Ryan M, Romanelli F, Smith KM, Johnson MMS. Identifying and teaching Generation X pharmacy students. Am J Pharm Ed 2003:67(2)Article 9.
- Romanelli F, Smith KM, Brandt BF. Certificate program in teaching for pharmacy residents. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 2001;58:896-8.
- Smith KM. Drug information education and training. In: Malone PM, Kier KL, Stanovich JE, eds. Drug Information - A Guide for Pharmacists. 4th ed. New York, NY: McGraw Hill; In press.
- Komiyama T, Ryan M, Smith KM. Practical English Conversation for Pharmacists. 2nd ed. Tokyo: Jiho; 2010 [Japanese].
- Smith KM, Riche D, Henyan N, eds. Clinical Drug Data. 11th ed. New York, NY: McGraw Hill; 2010.
- Smith KM. Case study (3): Allergic and drug-induced skin diseases. In: Helms R, Quan DJ, Herfindal ET, Gourley DR, eds. Textbook of Therapeutics: Drug and Disease Management. 8th ed. New York, NY: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2006:273-4, 2596-7.
- Smith KM. Allergic and drug-induced skin diseases. In: Helms R. Quan DJ, Herfindal ET, Gourley DR, eds. Textbook of Therapeutics: Drug and Disease Mangement. 8th ed. New York, NY: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2006:181-202.
- Smith KM. Associate/Editor and Contributor. Clinican's Pocket Drug Reference (2001-8 editions). New York, NY: McGraw Hill
- Smith KM,, Contributor. In: Gomella LG, Haist SA, ed. Scut Monkey: Clinican’s Pocket Reference. 9th-11th ed. New York, NY: McGraw Hill; 2007.
- Editor, Pharmacology Update (Monthly column), Orthopedics (2007-10)
- Editorial Advisory Board member, Professionalism in Pharmacy Practice series. American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (2008).
- American Pharmacists Association Scientific Review Panel member, Evaluations of Drug Interactions. First Data Bank (2008).
- Editorial Advisory Board member. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy (2007-10).
- Editorial Advisory Board member. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association (2003-06).
- Continuing Education Editorial Review Board member, Cerebrio (2007-08).
- Editor, Pharmacology Column, Orthopedics, 2007 to present.