We study mechanisms required for the pathogenesis of infection and discover novel compounds to inhibit these mechanisms by using a combination of enzymology, structural biology and biophysical chemistry.
Latest News from the Lab
We have immediate openings for graduate and undergraduate students. Graduate students should first apply to the Ph.D. Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Kentucky.
- Adil Yusuf wins the 1st place in Chemistry at the 2015 Central Kentucky Regional Science and Engineering Fair as well as the prestigious Yale Science and Engineering Association Award for his chemoinformatics project (collaboration with Dr. Sylvie Garneau-Tsodikova). With this win, Adil advances to the State Science Fair. We wish Adil best of luck !
- Our manuscript on development of a novel crystal structure determination method has been accepted for publication in the Foundations of Crystallography (Leggas D and Tsodikov OV. (2015) Determination of small crystal structures from a minimum set of diffraction intensities by homotopy continuation. Acta Crystallogr. A (Foundations of Crystallography). In press.). Congratulations, Dimitri !
- Adil Yusuf was awarded the 1st place in Chemistry in the 2015 Fayette County District Science Fair for his chemoinformatics project (collaboration with Dr. Sylvie Garneau-Tsodikova). With this win, Adil advances to the Central Kentucky Regional Science and Engineering Fair. Congratulations and good luck, Adil !
- Our manuscript on the crystal structure inorganic pyrophosphatase from Staphylococcus aureus is accepted for publication in the Journal of Structural Biology. Congratulations, Chathurada!
- Dimitri Leggas becomes a national semifinalist in the prestigious 2014 Siemens Competition among high-school students doing research for his project in our group on development a novel mathematical method of determining crystal structures. He is one of 400 semifinalists selected out of ~4,500 students who entered the competition this year. Congratulations, Dimitri! Please, see Press Releases from the Gatton Academy and the UK College of Pharmacy for more information.