Courses at Other Colleges (Transfer Equivalencies)
Join the Listserv
Open House Information Sessions
The UK College of Pharmacy offers Advising Workshops (descriptions below) with the PharmD Prepharmacy Advisor. Registration is REQUIRED.
Workshop #1: Prepharmacy General Interest Session: This session is designed for students who are new to prepharmacy. The Advisor will discuss pre-requisite courses, scheduling of classes, job shadowing, career options, and volunteering related to the UK Pharm.D. degree. High school, college, and returning students are welcome to attend this session. High school students should also consider scheduling a campus visit on this day.
Workshop #2: Prepharmacy- Prepare and Strengthen Your Application: This session is designed for students who are beginning the application process to pharmacy school. The Advisor will discuss the application process, including PharmCAS,UK supplemental application, essays, letters of reference, and interviews. Assistance with the scheduling of classes will also be provided.
Workshop #3: Scheduling and Advising: This session is designed for UK students who have questions about scheduling for the upcoming spring semester at UK. The UK College of Pharmacy is unable to lift your academic hold. You will still need to meet with your academic advisor to have your hold lifted. *Incoming UK freshmen registered for a Summer Advising Conference should attend a Prepharmacy information session offered on Day 1 of their conference for class scheduling information.
Walk-in Hours/Visits: The Prepharmacy Advisor will hold walk-in visit hours throughout the semester. These hours are ideally offered for students who have already completed Workshops #1 and #2 and have remaining questions. Appointments are not required, just stop by!
LOCATION: All events will be held in the Biological Pharmaceutical Complex, the NEW College of Pharmacy building - 789 S. Limestone, Lexington, KY. Directions and parking information are available.
Spring 2015 Dates for Workshop #1: Prepharmacy General Interest Session: The session will last approximately 1 hour.
- Tues. Jan. 13; 3:30pm (BPC 114D)
- Thurs. Feb. 12; 3:30pm (BPC 114D)
- Mon. Feb. 23; 3:30pm (BPC 114D)
- Thurs. Mar. 5; 3:30pm (BPC 114D)
- Wed. Mar. 25; 2:30pm (BPC 114D)
- Tues. Apr. 14; 3:30pm (BPC 114D)
- Fri. Apr. 24; 1:00pm (BPC 114D)
Spring 2015 Dates for Workshop #2: Prepharmacy-Prepare and Strengthen Your Application: The session will last 1 - 1.5 hours.
- Thurs. Jan. 15; 3:30pm (BPC 114D)
- Tues. Jan. 27; 4:00pm (BPC 114D)
- Tues. Feb. 10; 3:30pm (BPC 114D)
- Wed. Feb. 25; 3:30pm (BPC 114D)
- Tues. Mar. 24; 3:30 (BPC 234)
- Wed. Apr. 1; 5:00pm (BPC 234)
- Tues. Apr. 21; 3:30pm (BPC 114D)
- Wed. May 6; 3:30pm (BPC 114D)
Spring 2015 Dates for Workshop #3: Scheduling and Advising Workshop: The session will last approximately 1 hour.
- Wed. Mar. 25; 3:45pm (BPC 114D)
- Thurs. Apr. 9; 3:30pm (BPC 114D)
- Wed. Apr. 15; 3:30pm (BPC 114D)
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org